Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quick Dinner Ideas: Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Bake

In another rush to make something for a dinner I had forgotten to plan I started scrambling around the kitchen looking for something to whip up. I wanted to make something good, didn’t want to run out to the store, and it had to be something fairly easy because I was exhausted. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a Publix Apron’s Recipe Card. The recipe was for a dish the Publix Snack Man was making the other afternoon. As I began to read down the list of ingredients I realized it called for gnocchi, Philadelphia Cooking Cream, a new favorite, and vegetables I loved, but didn’t have in the house. “Guess I won’t be making this one tonight.” There was also no way I was getting the lover boy to eat artichokes and roasted red peppers without warning him beforehand either. I set the card down and as I walked away I realized I could easily put my own spin on the recipe using things I had in the kitchen and preparing differently so it didn’t take as long. So here is my homemade, Publix inspired, version of what will become a new favorite!
Publix inspired….Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Bake

3 Chicken Breasts Cubed and Cooked
1 Package of Sliced White Mushrooms
1 Bag of Microwaveable Steamed Broccoli
1 Package of Prepared Gnocchi
1 Container of Philadelphia Original Cooking Cream
Butter
Garlic, Salt, Pepper
Parmesan Cheese

  1. Boil water for the gnocchi. Once the water is boiling, add the gnocchi and let them cook until they begin to float. As soon as they being to float remove them from the water.
I did not go all out and make the gnocchi myself this time. I was not that adventurous or energetic. However, the prepared gnocchi turned out just fine
2. Melt some butter in a pan and sauté the package of mushrooms with garlic, salt, and pepper to taste until the mushrooms are soft.
3. Microwave the broccoli approximately ¾ of the directed time.
4. Add the cubed chicken and broccoli to the sautéed mushrooms just to warm.
5. In a mixing bowl add your chicken mixture, cooked gnocchi, and the whole container of Philadelphia Original Cooking Cream and mix well.
6. Transfer all of this to a casserole dish and bake from about 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 350.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese for the last 5 minutes.


Voila!
Thank you Publix!

Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Bake

No comments:

Post a Comment