My coworker passed on the recipe she uses, Paula Deen's. I took a quick look and knew this would be a piece of cake...or should I say a piece of pie! ;-) After discussing this delicious treat with my boss we thought maybe adding some cheese would make this the pie even better. In comes the parmesean!
So with a lot of inspiration from Paula Deen and my coworkers I present you.........
2. Cook 6 pieces of bacon to well done. You want them crispy because you'll be crumbling them later.
3. As soon as the bacon is finished remove it from the grease and immediately add your onions to the pan. I also added 2 tablespoons of butter.
4. Saute the onions in the bacon grease until they are really soft and not quite browned.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and 3 big spoonfuls of flour.
6. Add 1/2 cup of milk, 1 small container of sour cream (8 oz.), and a few sprinkles of salt. Mix all these ingredients together until the mixture is really smooth.
7. Layer your sauted onions in the bottom of the pie crust. Then top the onions with your egg mixture. I had a little extra egg mixture. If you're using a deep dish crust, it should fill it right up.
8. Top the uncooked pie with a generous handful of shredded parmesean cheese. Then top with crumbled bacon.
9. Bake for 40 minutes or until the pie is firm in the middle.
10. Remove your pie from the oven and let it cool.
11. Slice and serve